29 September 2014

Simple Autumn Centrepiece


In my last post, I mentioned that I bought what I thought might be a mini dough bowl that I was planning to use for my Autumn decor.  I gathered some leaves from the yard, placed three baby boos in it, scattered some faux acorns and voila!  A simple Autumn centrepiece for my dining room table!


It's so perfect that I can see this little dough bowl being used every season.  I usually find the best things when I'm not looking for them.



I have to say that I'm smitten!  It isn't often that something catches my eye and I just know it's meant to come home with me.  The vendor I bought it from was downsizing and I assured her that it would have a good home.  :)


What have you found that you just knew was meant for you?

14 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, this is just beautiful.
    I love the simplicity of it, and those little acorns are pure perfection.

    Hmmm, just meant for me?
    This morning while walking my dog, I saw a leaf falling held out my hand, and into my hand it landed.
    A wonderful beginning to my day. :-)

    I hope you're having a beautiful day, sweet friend. xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a lovely start to the day, Lisa! :) I love simple moments like that. xoxo

      Delete
  3. As you know, I love this look. In fact, things keep getting more simple here. Hmmm...not sure that I've ever known that something was just for me, though I can believe that this dough bowl was maeant just for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! My decorating keeps getting simpler every year too. xo

      Delete
  4. The simplicity of this lovely bowl with the white pumpkins, leaves and acorns is perfect. I am sure that dough bowl was just waiting for the right person to cherish it. Happy Fall, Lynda!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the others I love the simplicity of it! It really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Lynda,
    I have been looking for years for a dough bowl (found a few, but the price wasn't right) :-D
    yours is gorgeous and I love how you have filled it with autumn treasures. it certainly did go to a good home xo have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple and stunning. I am smitten too! Happy fall. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥