2 February 2014

Welcoming February


" I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields ... It covers them up snug, like a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the Summer comes again.' " - Lewis Carroll


February began much as January ended ... with more snow.  I like the idea of the snow covering the garden in a cosy white quilt.  Underneath all that white, the garden still lives and is preparing for Spring.


I've noticed a group of sparrows that have taken to nestling on our front porch for warmth and shelter.  I hear them every morning as they chirp and fluff their feathers.


Crystals of snow cling to branches and leaves that refuse to fall.  There's so much beauty in the subtle colours of nature.


The snow weighs heavy on evergreen branches, bending them lower and lower to the ground.  I'm still dreaming of Spring but I can't help grabbing my camera every time there's a fresh fall of snow.

xo,
Lynda


7 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to spring too; it's my favorite season with my favorite flowers. But it's good to enjoy the beauty of the present! We recently had a pretty snowfall, too. Think I'll go take a walk... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photographs these are, Lynda!
    We've not had that much snow this year, and I've missed how pretty it makes things look.
    Do enjoy your snow, and get lots more photos!
    Have a wonderful week, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fresh blanket of snow Mother Nature covered our world with is comforting..so quiet,so peaceful a true winter wonderland! Happy to see you enjoying our 4 seasons as I am Lynda! hugs to you sweet sister..we battled and won! Blessings to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything looks so lovely and peaceful in your little corner Lynda ♥
    smart little sparrows choosing your front porch to nestle under xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos look so pretty and peaceful! It looks like you have a lot of snow in your area too! I love how pretty it is, but I am so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're supposed to have cold temperatures this week, but no precipitation. We can't seem to get the right combination for snow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it must be embraced or we shall all go berserk! You are doing that well. Your photography is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥