7 December 2012

Life happens again


Hi everyone!  Last week I promised you an update, but this won’t be what I had in mind!  First of all, I wanted to bring you up to date with Bobby’s progress.  His last chemo treatment was October 31 and he’s slowly recovering but still feeling many of the side effects.  We were told it could take 3-6 months for the effects of the chemo to leave his body.  Each week brings more improvement and he’s scheduled for tests at the end of December to determine if the chemo killed off all of the cancer cells.  Until we get the good news that he’s cancer free, we’re still kind of holding our breath.

So why haven’t I been blogging?  Well, it’s my turn to be sick.  I’ve been having digestive problems since May which kept getting progressively worse until mid-September when they got really bad.  I was spending 3 or 4 days doubled over in pain almost weekly.  I’ve lost close to 30 pounds (not the way you want to lose weight believe me!) and I still can’t eat properly.  The pain isn’t as bad as it was but it’s still there on a daily basis.  While no longer excruciating, it does interfere with my daily activities.  After 6 months, I still don’t have a diagnosis.  I’ve been through 2 extensive rounds of tests with more on the way next week.

Every week, I kept hoping that this would be the one when I could get back to blogging and resume my life.  After seeing my doctor yesterday, I realized that isn’t going to happen … at least not for awhile.  So I’ve decided to take an official blogging break until I can get back on my feet again.  This was a hard decision because I have so many plans for this little blog, but honestly, I just don’t have the energy to keep up with it right now.  So my plans will just have to wait a little while longer!

It’s been a really tough year for my family and we’re hoping that 2013 will bring good health to everyone!  I’m going to miss you all so much but hope to see you soon.

Wishing you and your families the peace and joy of Christmas.

xo,
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! ♥