24 November 2010

thankful

I can't deny it anymore, the holidays are here.  I've been making lists and checking them twice.  Tomorrow I'll bake a pecan pie for our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday.  This is my husband's favourite thing about our Can/Am marriage ... TWO thanksgivings (we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving in October).  We'll have our dinner on Friday so that we can share it with family (it isn't a holiday here) but will spend a couple of hours curled up on the sofa watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade tomorrow.  On Saturday we'll head to the basement for the Christmas decorations that have been stored since last year and spend the weekend making the house festive.  I can't wait!

I have many things to be thankful for ... my husband, our home together, my parents and brother, being able to work at something I love, our health, to name just a few.  I'm also thankful for each and every one of you ... for your visits, your comments and your friendship.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! 
xox

7 comments:

  1. Yay for Holiday decorations!! I can't wait to put up my lights...my favorite part! Enjoy your Can/Am holidays Lynda! (PS, I love your new changing banner, so cool! )
    xo-Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed, the holidays have arrived! Lucky you to have two Thanksgiving feasts – I would love that! Sounds like you will have a wonderful, festive and relaxing weekend.

    I'm glad you have so much to be thankful for and I'm thankful for your friendship, too, Lynda.

    Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo – g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lynda, I'm thankful for your friendship too! How lucky to celebrate two Thanksgiving and to honor two country's..how awesome is that? But I must ask you..do you miss NY? Have a great weekend decorating. I'm sure there will be a picture in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend Lynda! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes they are indeed and don't you feel happy already?... you are so lucky to not one,but two Thanksgiving feasts girl!!
    Lovely post today Lynda!!!
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of sharing dual Celebrations. The snow is here :-) perfect for a weekend of decorating! Have a wonderful weekend Lynda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your Thanksgiving was brimming with all things good and full of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥