9 February 2010

scattered thoughts

I have to confess to feeling a little scattered lately. We're redecorating ... painting and reorganizing, moving furniture here and there. Needless to say the house is in a bit of a mess, okay a LOT of a mess! :)

I bought these mini roses on a trip to the garden centre last week, along with a pot of mini daffodils. In spite of the mess, they both look so cheery! Even though we've had next to no snow (and I hope I'm not jinxing things by writing this!),  I'm really missing my garden and these little pots of flowers sure help get over the winter blahs.

Not sure what I'm going to do with these lemons! Maybe lemon squares or a lemon meringue pie. I have them sitting in a bowl on my kitchen counter right now just because they look so pretty.

Have a good week!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty lemons and roses. I can't imagine your house as anything other and pretty and very organised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemons are so pretty, even prettier than the roses, but then I am a yellow person. Your home is going to be so fresh and bright when all the painting and rearranging are done. I hope that we'll get a glimpse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, Kind of feeling "scattered" myself....love the lemons! And lemon meringue pie sounds great too. ;-)
    Wonderful images ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renovations always scatter one's attention, but that will be over soon. Love the lemons, too! I just bought a dozen Meyer lemons and they are divine. Thinking of lemon curd... Have a great week and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ......I do love white roses too; but these sweet little ones are delightful.........

    Lemons.......did you think perhaps of little lemon moon cookies....??

    ...Your lemons look like freshly picked from the lemon tree...., wonderful!

    have a happy day!
    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers and lemons are such lifts to the spirits! I had some white mini roses lately too... I just love having fresh flowers in the house this time of year until spring comes--must have! Lemons...I'll take anything made with lemons! The lemon meringue pie...oh, yes! Hope all goes well with the re-decorating and re-organizing, Lynda! Wishing you a sweet Valentine Weekend ahead :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, Lynda! I just love your soft and beautiful images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful roses and beautiful lemons. I took photo's of my dish of lemons a couple of weeks ago. Maybe if I become less "scattered" I will share them on my blog. Scattered is my name these days with the arrival of twin Granddaughters and another grandchild due any day now. Plus we are getting the house ready to put up for sale and trying to look for another. Well there ever be a day with nothing to do????
    Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours. Hugs Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lemons...beautiful tones :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥