14 November 2013

Dining Room Updates


The changes keep coming.  In my defense, many of these projects have been in the back of my mind for a few years but circumstances have prevented me from giving them anything more than a passing thought.  I'm so grateful to be able to give my home a little attention.  While going through chemo earlier this year, I started making a list of all the projects I wanted to get to - room by room.  It's a long list.


After clearing out the hutch to make room for my new dishes, I didn't quite know what to do with my blue transfer ware plates that used to be displayed there.  I really like these plates and still wanted them on display so I decided to hang them.  (That's my green front door you see reflected in these first two photos.  I didn't realize how distracting it is!  It's on my list to be repainted - a nice dark espresso brown, which will work so much better with my decor.  But it's going to have to wait awhile.)  Back to the plates, I'm happy with how they look.  I was afraid it might look a bit cluttered with so many on the wall but it's okay. 


Here's a little peek at my new dishes.  I love the shape of the bowls!  Adds a bit of a modern touch without being too much.  I was able to get mugs instead of tea cups.  I have a lot of tea cups that have never been used.  Are you a tea cup or a mug family?  We're definitely a mug family.  I'm adding little touches of "winter" with the evergreen plates and pomegranates.  Still need to do some work on the styling but that will evolve over time.


I'm not quite sure why but I couldn't stand my Autumn decor for one more minute.  The bittersweet was long past its prime and while I decided to keep the white mini pumpkins, the orange ones are now outside on the window sill.  In their place I bought a pot of paper whites and replaced the wreath of orange leaves with my soft blue hydrangea wreath.  It feels much more soothing without all that orange.

And my craft room/office progress?  I'm happy to report that I'm almost done!  This has proved to be a much larger project than I imagined but I like the results so far.  I'm hoping as the months progress I'll be able to share photos of more than my dining room with you.  :)  It's currently the only room I'm happy with and besides, it gets really good light in the morning.

xoxo,
Lynda

5 comments:

  1. As one who loves color, I'm taking some last longing looks at your header. Your home is lovely...I love the choices you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the decor...and I hear you on being ready to be "done" with autumn...as much as I think it's too "soon" in many ways for the holiday season...bring it on. I am so looking forward to it this year! Getting really excited as a matter of fact.

    And I love your header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dining room looks lovely, Lynda! I love the way you displayed your transferware.

    I never really do much autumn decorating other than some pumpkins and we took those the other day and flung them all into the weeds for the deer to eat. It's on the holidays for me and now that I'm looking at your photos I'm thinking that I'll need to get my paperwhites going soon!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the transfer ware plates on the wall, and white dishes for everyday are my go-to as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, you have been busy!
    It sounds like so much fun though, and your dishes look so beautiful, Lynda.
    I actually just picked up some paper white bulbs, and will probably plant them after the holidays when I will definitely need some flowers to get thought the remainder of our very long winter. :-(

    You have a wonderful weekend, my friend! xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥