17 June 2010

peony love

Peonies don't last long enough. Like lilacs, a week is about all I get before they begin to fade but they're just so darned beautiful, I wouldn't trade those few idyllic days for anything.

 A few glorious days, then the rain comes along and destroys their beauty. Luckily, the ants leave mine alone so I can bring them inside to enjoy {they last much longer indoors than they do in the garden}.

******************************************************

Like the peonies, summer passes by too quickly to spend it indoors.  I'll be posting and visiting a little less than usual during the next couple of months to spend time in the garden, take lots of photos and just enjoy the carefree summer days.

Have a wonderful summer!

See you soon.

14 comments:

  1. Lynda, these are exquisite peony images! Perfectly captures their elusive beauty. I put our bouquets in the fridge at night and they last for at least an additional week that way. Your plan for the summer sounds great – have a wonderful time! xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already drooled over the first image on flickr and here you have more as exquisite as the first. I'm in luscious overload. Beautiful blog, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peonies are so elegant and beautiful. I love how you've captured them. I have to enjoy peonies in images like yours because they don't do well in the dry desert heat where I live. I do hope you enjoy your summer and your time in the garden. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my these are so pretty, i love love these soft colours :) peonies are just so beautiful aren't they! i am not fortunate enough to have a garden, but i will try to buy some at the flower market and decorate my house this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I almost missed all my Peonies this season as I was so busy taking care of my beloved brother, but I did get to cut a few to bring indoors. They are so beautiful and could really give the Rose a run for it's beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo lovely...these ice cream colors steal the heart! Our peonies are blooming too...along with roses they are the queens of the garden. :o) Happy Summer Days, Lynda ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love my visits here! What lovely work you do my friend.

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love my visits here! What beautiful work you do my friend.

    Smiles....

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, dreamy images of your Peony Lynda! Every year I anticipate them blooming & wish they lasted longer ~ ours weren't here for long this year due to the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your peony photos are gorgeous Lynda.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely series! I missed out on peonies AND ranunculi this year and was so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog due Flickr, LOVE it!!!Anja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! Peonies are magic!! Love this season. Thank you for sharing :)
    Love, Claire

    24homes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥